Words of warning and welcome:

This is very much my blog, so don't be surprised if this doesn't follow accepted patterns and norms. Obviously it started out as a blog about my cross-dressing but it has developed a great deal since then. It is a place where I can be anonymous and honest, and I appreciate that.

It will deal with many things and new readers would do well to check out the New Readers' Page above this and the tag down there on the right. Although there's nothing too bad in here there will be adult language, so be careful. If you think this needs a greater control, please let me know. Thank you!

Saturday, 13 September 2014

Questions Questions

Perhaps with more frowning.
On another part of the interwebs I was talking to someone who claims that they stopped being a cross-dresser. They claimed that they had written a letter, to themselves, about how they had wanted to be a woman and then thrown it away. It was discovered by a family member who then withdrew from them and had them put in therapy. The therapist then revealed that the reason for this person being in therapy was the discovery of the letter. A course then followed that showed the errors of the behaviour and the person 'prayed properly for the first time' (which is a statement that is truly frightening in its implications for someone who is a Christian). Thus, supported by God, their church and family, they put the past behind them.

Now, looking back, they claim that cross-dressing is an addiction on the same level as alcoholism. That we, as cross-dressers, need to hit rock-bottom in order to see how much damage we are doing to ourselves and those around us and thus get into therapy to fix this dangerous part of ourselves.


Yeah, that's more like it.
Quite apart from the worrying mashing together of cross-dressing and desire for SRS, or the frightening aspect of Christianity being used as a hammer to beat people with and the depressing lack of open relationship with this person's family member (and the implications that has); there is the enthusiasm of the newly-converted. And the way logic is being deployed has me thinking. How can I, or should I even, respond to that argument in an effective manner? I mean, I've said it before and I shall say it again, I am a Christian and I believe that the part of me that cross-dresses is as much a created aspect of me as any other part - God doesn't make mistakes, right? So that part of me isn't a mistake to be rectified or 'fixed', it's something God meant for me.

Mind you, my own logic runs into difficulties with cancer and genetic illnesses and deformities etc, I am fully aware of this. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I can't ever judge someone for something that stems from how they were made (or developed in the womb at least). On that level, does that mean cross-dressing is something we should seek to 'cure' or alleviate the same way we do with congenital diseases?

Imponderable. For me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome, I have a thicker skin virtually than I do in real life!