Words of warning and welcome:

This is very much my blog, so don't be surprised if this doesn't follow accepted patterns and norms. Obviously it started out as a blog about my cross-dressing but it has developed a great deal since then. It is a place where I can be anonymous and honest, and I appreciate that.

It will deal with many things and new readers would do well to check out the New Readers' Page above this and the tag down there on the right. Although there's nothing too bad in here there will be adult language, so be careful. If you think this needs a greater control, please let me know. Thank you!

Thursday, 19 December 2013

To be human...

So another short post but, hopefully, a different one. I was perusing on youtube and saw the videos that I shall finish this post with. And, you know what, I want to do the ones where people throw themselves out of aircraft or off mountains and buildings. I want to do parkour and ride mountain bikes down ridiculous courses.

Oh yes!
When I was in primary school, aged about ten, we went to an out of bounds centre in the Lake District. A group of us went on a ghyll scrambing expedition (basically, you climb up a waterfall/beck that comes down the side of a mountain). Now, we were young, so I guess it was pretty tame. But, at the top of one of the waterfalls, the instructor asked for volunteers to dive into the plunge pool. Of course I put my hand up. I figured that the instructor had said it was safe, when would I ever get another chance? I remember that I had to just jump before the worry set in. I remember the thrill, liberation and freedom of being in the air and I remember the shock of landing. It was awesome. It was beautiful. Later in that same trip we went caving and there was a cave so low that none of us could raise our heads, there was the mini-cave that was just large enough for ten year old me. I was the only volunteer to crawl through it. So that I had to refind the party when I got to the other side because no one wanted to hang around. Yes, I was that annoying crazy kid.

And seeing these videos makes me want to do it again. The video thumbnails have bugger all to do with the content either.





No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome, I have a thicker skin virtually than I do in real life!