Words of warning and welcome:

This is very much my blog, so don't be surprised if this doesn't follow accepted patterns and norms. Obviously it started out as a blog about my cross-dressing but it has developed a great deal since then. It is a place where I can be anonymous and honest, and I appreciate that.

It will deal with many things and new readers would do well to check out the New Readers' Page above this and the tag down there on the right. Although there's nothing too bad in here there will be adult language, so be careful. If you think this needs a greater control, please let me know. Thank you!

Saturday, 21 December 2013

It's a meme thing

Did I mention I wish this were me?
I did?
Oh, well, shucks.

This popped up on my primary persona's facebook feed and I thought I would give it a pop there. Then, having done this and being the wanton attention-whore that I am, I thought I would post it again here with more honesty injected and some extended answers. Now, I realise that no readers of this blog will be able to compare the two entries, but I shall, and I suspect that comparison will be interesting because I am nothing if not slightly narcissistic and self obsessed.

I am also on my second pint of home brew for the evening. We went to a play at the local theatre and the Boy showed that he is really not ready for that kind of thing - much noise and wriggling about and twatting people with cars - and that was slightly irritating. Not as much as me falling asleep while putting him to bed last night after a day out to a stately home (I hate stately homes, really, I mean, I know I can learn stuff from them and whatnot but the extortionate price that one pays for entry has me balking. Tilly knew well enough to hide the cost until we were there) and thus missing an evening that I had intended to spend with a beer and blogging.

It may be worth doing this again at roughly this point next year too. After all, this is approximately the second anniversary of this place and the warmth from lovely people has barely abated. Even if I have got a tad wearing and repetitive.

Anyway, if you wish to read the rather boring meme thing from facebook, click below!


1.What did you do in 2013 that you'd never done before?
Made a completely spurious clothing purchase - my bracelets.
Went on more than one staff night out in a week -which was enjoyable if a bit mental and expensive.
Got Grade 1 on a lesson observation - twice as it happens. This is a good thing. Well, it's outstanding.

2.Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't go out for a walk dressed but I did go out one morning in my boots in September, which was a nice experience, and I did spend a great deal of time dressed in September in that rented accommodation. Indeed, mot sure I actually made any resolutions this year if I'm honest. A quick check doesn't reveal any. If I'm true to form I shall run out of time and thus fail to set any this year too.

3.Did anyone you know give birth?
Uh... Probably.

4.Did anyone you know die?
My grandmother? Yeah, I mean, she died, but does that count?

5.What countries did you visit?
None.

6.What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
Liberation - the freedom to dress as I would like to dress more often. Probably with a decent wig that has hair that is long enough to do things with. I sincerely doubt that I shall manage this, but hey, a gal can dream...

7.What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I'm rather crap with dates. But getting my new job would rank up there if I could remember what day it was. I mean, I remember the day quite well, but not the date.
Also, 12 January - the evening I dressed and got pictures of the wonderful experience.
9 September - the evening where I luxuriated in my clothes and some wine.

8.What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Dressing for a couple of weeks on an evening.

9.What was your biggest failure?
Bottling my leaving speech and saying nothing of note. Principally, not calling out the bitch that made my life miserable for two years and was slowly murdering my Department. Not sticking up for myself generally and being a bit of a wet rag.

10.Were you seriously ill during 2013?
No. Unless Depression counts, 'cos that ain't over yet. Or GID. I might have GID. Or Autism.

11.What was the best thing you bought?
My spare brain - a portable external Hard Drive. It is <3.

12.Whose behaviour merited celebration?
All my students' (at some point of not all the time).
My children.

13.Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
All my students' - everyone had at least one moment.
Tilly.

14.Where did most of your money go?
New house.

15.What did you get excited about?
New House.
Getting a Grade 1 (twice).
Renting.
Moving.
Dressing.

16.What songs will always remind you of 2013?
U got 2 let the music - Cappella
O Holy Night - Bastille
Sane - Archive
Axis - Pet Shop Boys
What Time Is Love (America) - KLF
Controlling Crowds - Archive
Intro (Long Version) - the XX
What does the Fox say? - Ylvis
Neighbourhood - Space
Fuck You - Archive
Love is a Bourgeois Construct - Pet Shop Boys


 17.Compared to this time last year, are you:
Sadder/Happier? Happier
Thinner/Fatter? Fatter
Richer/Poorer? Poorer

 18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Writing, duh.
Dressing, duh!

19.What do you wish you'd done less of?
Travelling.

20.How will you be spending Christmas?
Wiff me famb-ley.

21.What is the one thing you would have gone back and done differently this year?
I'd've said what I really think about my old boss, and the boss before her, in my leaving speech. I would have had the balls to play "Fuck You" by Archive as part of my leaving speech and then the balls to walk out as it was playing. I'm such a damp rag.

22.Did you fall in love in 2013?
Does music count? If so, yes, with Archive and Bastille.
Oh, and clothing, with bracelets.

23.Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate is a strong word. I significantly dislike Gove, Cameron and Osbourne but I don't know them well enough to actually hate them. Equally, anyone I disliked on a personal or professional level that I still dislike I disliked before this time last year as well. That is a significantly unsatisfying answer, I know.

24.What was your favourite TV programme?
TV?

25.What was your greatest musical discovery?
Archive and Bastille (I think I already said that)

26.What was the best book you read?
Books? 

27.Are you happy with your lot?
Mostly. I would like the ability to dress more than I do and express the Joanna/Rebecca side of my persona more. I think that I am a nicer person as Joanna than I am as my male camouflage.

28.What did you want and get?
A new job.
Bracelets.
Time to dress on an evening.

29.What did you want and NOT get?
Sex.
More time and space to dress in.

30.What was your favourite film of this year?
Films?

31.What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Nowt, thank God, and I'm 33.

32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Sex and dressing more. Growing out my hair and having it cut in a feminine style. I suspect that the new yera will hold much of the wistful nature in this regard.

33.How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Fashion?

34.What kept you sane?
Dressing.

35.Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Uh...

36.What political issue stirred you the most?
The failure of democracy

37.Who did you miss?
As a rule I'm too autistic to miss people.

38.Who were the best new people you met/got to know?
My new work colleagues.

39.Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013:
I'm too autistic for these sorts of things and shouldn't do them!

40.Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"Step by step,
you're gonna make yourself feel
better
Buy yeah buy,
you're gonna make yourself feel
better
Try yeah try, you're gonna make yourself feel
the best
More yeah more,
you're gonna make yourself feel
sane 

Can't stop looking and you can't stop taking it in
Head's full baby, but you can't stop taking it in
Reach yeah reach, 'til your arms can't reach any longer
More yeah more, you're gonna make yourself feel
sane 

Numb it again 

Television's dead, but you can't stop taking it in
Cover up your eyes, but you can't stop taking it in
Dead dead speech, yeah you can't stop taking it in
Speed it up baby, you gotta make yourself feel
sane"


6 comments:

  1. I love your list Joanna! I hadn't seen this particular meme before, so I hope you don't mind that I'm going to completely borrow (steal) this idea and post my own answers on my blog.

    While all of your answers are revealing, I think one of the things that really says a lot about is the answers with no information like books, tv and films. While I love and partake of these things myself I find that many of my most favorite people don't ahve the time for these activities.

    If I don't get the chance to say so otherwise, I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and an exceptionally Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Calvin, and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you in return! I hope that the new year brings as much positivity and happiness as did this last one!

      And yes, the paucity of books, TV and films is a concern. Hopefully, in this brave new world of my own job-shift I can find time for that sort of stuff again. I miss my books.

      Steal away, I shall be reading what you post!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing your list - really interesting read. Have you thought about going to a dressing service and having photos taken as a starting point to getting out there. Probably easier than suddenly going outside. It gave me a lot of courage when was starting to put Rhiannon out there more. :o) Could be a New Year's resolution? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by on the back of your wonderful evening out! (And purple sparkly nail varnish too! I heartily approve)

      I've never really looked into dressing services before and a quick search shows that prices are fairly steep (bear in mind I've never paid more than a fiver on any cross-dressing related purchase apart from for Toby's birthday - whole outfit = £30). Still, definitely something to look further into and bear in mind. Quite like the idea of it being a resolution!

      Thank you.

      Delete
    2. In that context, I can see that they are steep. Although occasionally there is an argument for throwing caution to the wind. My first one cost £70 but was probably the best money I've ever spent in my life - literally life changing. I blogged about why that was: http://rhiannon-rambling.blogspot.co.uk/2011/10/weird-or-wonderful.html

      But also, it was because it forced me to do things I'd never done. Including the fact that I needed a few items of clothes for it, so I walked into a shop for the first time and bought a dress. I found a shop assistant and asked whether she though that it would fit me. Honestly, a dam broke over those few days. :o) x

      Delete
    3. I can imagine. And have now read your link (thank you!).

      However, I suspect I may need them, if at all, for wildly different reasons. I have no worries about going outside beyond finding the time and avoiding people I know. Indeed, the main price to pay for a dressing service is time. And time on my own is difficult to find. Especially if there's a commute involved.

      That's not to say I don't see their value, oh I see their value, just that it would be hard for me to find the time and cash for them. Hard, I say, not impossible. Definitely worth looking into!

      Delete

All comments are welcome, I have a thicker skin virtually than I do in real life!