Words of warning and welcome:

This is very much my blog, so don't be surprised if this doesn't follow accepted patterns and norms. Obviously it started out as a blog about my cross-dressing but it has developed a great deal since then. It is a place where I can be anonymous and honest, and I appreciate that.

It will deal with many things and new readers would do well to check out the New Readers' Page above this and the tag down there on the right. Although there's nothing too bad in here there will be adult language, so be careful. If you think this needs a greater control, please let me know. Thank you!

Wednesday, 24 July 2013

Knightmare

I believe this is from a film I've never seen, but the image
is close enough to how I remember girls in the 1980s.
Keep in mind I was younger than 10 for the 1980s.
Point? Oh, yes, this is what I'd like to have been so I could
play on Knightmare. No, really, boys' teams were shit.
Knightmare! Apparently it is returning for a one-off youtube special this coming week. I am very, very, excited by this.

Sorry, I'll stop hyperventilating enough to try and explain. It was a show made in the UK for a commercial TV channel (keep in mind we only had two of those until 1998) on the children's TV segment on Friday evenings. The concept was a relatively simple one based on Dungeons and Dragons so loosely that it avoided all copyright with influences from Jack Vance, Tolkien and Arthurian legend so vague and amorphous that you'd have a job on finding them. In this, a team of four 'dungeoneers' would try to navigate a dungeon to achieve a quest. Their guide was Treguard, joined later by odd companions and given an enemy around series five in the shape of Lord Fear. What made it unique and clever was the use of early CGI, a blue room and a helmet that meant the dungeoneer who went in was blinded (useful as it was just the same blue room each time), their three 'advisers' would then have to guide their team-mate from a screen that they could see and their team mate could not.

Okay, the video below will not do it justice, it's from 1987(!) but it shows the concept well enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome, I have a thicker skin virtually than I do in real life!