Words of warning and welcome:

This is very much my blog, so don't be surprised if this doesn't follow accepted patterns and norms. Obviously it started out as a blog about my cross-dressing but it has developed a great deal since then. It is a place where I can be anonymous and honest, and I appreciate that.

It will deal with many things and new readers would do well to check out the New Readers' Page above this and the tag down there on the right. Although there's nothing too bad in here there will be adult language, so be careful. If you think this needs a greater control, please let me know. Thank you!

Tuesday, 16 July 2013

Inspiring Images

Just some of the images I've picked up over the last few days as I attempt to get back into the posting groove again and some commentary from me about what I think about them.

I've said before how much I love women in nature shots and this one seems to tick all the boxes that I look for in such a shot. I love the thin dress she's wearing and the light that evokes that late summer evening feeling - that warmth suffused with the end of the day that I love so much. Of course I want her hair and the ability to go about barefoot like that without killing off small woodland creatures with the stench my feet create. I want to be able to sit like that and be natural in that pose. Hell, on the floor I do sit like that but I look and feel awfully self-conscious so I don't do it much.



Did I mention my recent apparent obsession with Nigella Lawson? I think I did. This is another good shot to show what I mean. I don't find her attractive or one-hand browser worthy, she's a dyed in the wool Tory and a bit... aloof? Upper middle class? I don't know. But looking at this I really want to know what that tastes like and I want to know how that cardigan feels and I want to know how her body handles itself and I would like to have those hands and that hair style and have the abilityh to wear eye make-up like that and get away with it. I want to be that short and need to wear heels.

I know she's been the victim of domestic abuse, I don't want to somehow suggest that this is a good thing, but at the same time I confess a thirst to know about her life. Okay, not so much the domestic violence. I want to know what it is like for her to be herself, I want to know how I can emulate that in my very drab and straight-laced male life.

I'm sure I've mentioned my penchant for flowers in hair and wedding dresses. If I haven't, consider this me mentioning it. Now, this image is far from perfect for me, I'd like a bit more meat on them bones to emulate and I'd prefer my own hair colour, I'm not wanting to be blonde (Tilly dyed her hair blonde when I met her, I'm not saying blonde isn't attractive, I'm just saying that I would rather not be blonde myself) and the flowers would then have to have some deeper colours (I like pink). Still, the image successfully evokes what I bring to mind when thinking about femininity and how women are apparently seen by media and by the students I teach.

I love the complete pointlessness of the extra fabric hanging from that hairband and falling past the hands on the chair. I know from painfully little experience that this feels great and looks fine but is also bloody annoying for actual movement. I like that kind of impracticality, I think I've gone into detail on that before too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome, I have a thicker skin virtually than I do in real life!