Words of warning and welcome:

This is very much my blog, so don't be surprised if this doesn't follow accepted patterns and norms. Obviously it started out as a blog about my cross-dressing but it has developed a great deal since then. It is a place where I can be anonymous and honest, and I appreciate that.

It will deal with many things and new readers would do well to check out the New Readers' Page above this and the tag down there on the right. Although there's nothing too bad in here there will be adult language, so be careful. If you think this needs a greater control, please let me know. Thank you!

Saturday, 8 June 2013

Bitten to buggery

Our hedge clippers are much older. But I can relate. Oh, to
have hair that long...
Whilst getting the garden all sorted out for the Great Sale of the House late in the evening I clearly disturbed some great moot of all the midges in the Universe because my arms have been absolutely bitten to buggery. I am covered in spots and look like I've been afflicted by some great skin disease and then gone on the run from a medical laboratory. Thankfully, my shirt hides my arms at work or I think they would be sending me home as a potential infection risk. Seriously, I don't think I've ever been bitten as badly as I appear to have been on that night. And they itch! Boy, do they itch!

Little bastards. Of all animals on the good planet Earth I
think this is the one that I dislike the most. I'm not saying
that they ought to be wiped out - I am sure they serve some
useful purpose - I am saying I hates them. Gollum.
Did I mention I have a bit of an irrational fear of midges anyway? Their buzzing and the clouds that can be produced have been known to send me a little mad. As a teen I was staying over at the holiday home of a friend of my Dad's with their daughters, the eldest of which I may have had a crush on. We were walking through some becks and whatnot in swimming costumes, the time to be suave and manly and generally show off the fact that I was mature. No, instead, I got buzzed by a vast cloud of midges that ended up following me down the beck and so I went a bit mad and started running - flapping my arms about like a loon.

I have no idea what relevance that little tale has to anything at all, nor even if it was amusing enough to relate for the banter! Still, you have now heard it and I feel that I have divested myself of the minuscule weight it represented. I think I may be avoiding work again...

Anyway, I am in the middle of a marking marathon, with the stated intention of polishing off about 75 scripts by the end of the day. I have so far managed 5. Ahem. Yes, back to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome, I have a thicker skin virtually than I do in real life!