Words of warning and welcome:

This is very much my blog, so don't be surprised if this doesn't follow accepted patterns and norms. Obviously it started out as a blog about my cross-dressing but it has developed a great deal since then. It is a place where I can be anonymous and honest, and I appreciate that.

It will deal with many things and new readers would do well to check out the New Readers' Page above this and the tag down there on the right. Although there's nothing too bad in here there will be adult language, so be careful. If you think this needs a greater control, please let me know. Thank you!

Saturday, 4 May 2013

Inspirational?

Yeah, I'd do that. With the bag and the hat and... well,
wouldn't anyone?
I once, as a child, imagined a vehicle with a single wheel in
which the driver would sit and balance... Want it.
I saw the video. I want to do that. Motorcycles have always held a special fascination for me because of the compact nature of them. In much the same way as I love the concept of sleeping in a very small space or a camp bed or something I would like the concept of riding a motorcycle a great deal. There's a freedom to be had, I think, that simply can't be captured elsewhere. I mean, there's a cycle, and I respect that, but the distance of a powered cycle can't be beat in the same time. It's a combination. If there were an affordable electric cycle for which I had the legal paperwork to drive/ride then I would use it for the daily commute. Seriously.

However, the video is also about adventure and danger. I may not come across this way normally, but I once leapt into a plunge pool at the bottom of a waterfall because the leader of the group asked if anyone wanted to. To this day I have no idea how far I jumped or how deep the pool was. Neither was, or is, important. The important thing was that I had the chance and I took it. Like caving and going through a cave I could only just fit through because it was there and I was told I could or running as long as I could in unfamiliar landscape because I was allowed. I want this. Something like this. I went camping in the U.P. in Michigan because there was no one else there. I loved it. I walked along Tahquamenon Falls because I could. I would have gone further, camped with no camp site, because, God, I love the unknown in that sense. The freedom. The liberation.

So watch the video and oh God yes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome, I have a thicker skin virtually than I do in real life!