Words of warning and welcome:

This is very much my blog, so don't be surprised if this doesn't follow accepted patterns and norms. Obviously it started out as a blog about my cross-dressing but it has developed a great deal since then. It is a place where I can be anonymous and honest, and I appreciate that.

It will deal with many things and new readers would do well to check out the New Readers' Page above this and the tag down there on the right. Although there's nothing too bad in here there will be adult language, so be careful. If you think this needs a greater control, please let me know. Thank you!

Saturday, 24 March 2012

A quickie

I've been reading and following rabbit holes.  I'm still mid-reading, mid-warren.  I also tend to emulate the style of what I read - so some people will already know to what I refer.  It's fascinating.  It's powerful.  It's helpful.  I am honoured to have been allowed to read it all.

I don't think I was clear on my last post and I think I need to write it down.  Tilly was right.  Is right.  About my self-sabotage, I mean, and how I affect the views of the people that know me.  It was what I was trying to convey in my last post and I don't think I did a terribly good job of it - no blame there, just an awareness that it is the case.

Some other points that I will record for the record:
1. I have the greatest of respect for anyone with GID - I'm fairly certain that I don't suffer from it.  It sounds like a hell of a thing to cope with!
2. I may fantasise about being a woman but I also fantasise about overly-complicated political systems and anarchy in practice, living in the aftermath of nuclear war, time-travel, telepathy and inter-steller space travel.  Make of that what you will.
3. I am creative.  All the time.  I just need to arrange my time so I can get it down!
4. I miss the woman I married sometimes (elucidation later? I don't know)
5. I hate it when the hour goes forward.  Stupid BST.  I always used to worry about it as a matter of course, but I could cope.  Then there was the year with Toby where we forgot together and turned up for a meal at her mother's an hour late - that was embarrassing.  Since then I've become a bit OCD about it all, and more than a little panicked.  I've been checking the clock on the digi-box (as it sets itself to radio signal) every morning for the past two weeks so I don't miss the transition - how stupid is that anyway?

That'll do for now, I said this was a quickie.

I have been profoundly and emotionally affected by the articles, commentary and discussion that I have followed so far over the last few hours.  There's more yet.  And, if you haven't, you need to listen to Big in Japan by Alphaville.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a productive day.

    I was around for Big in Japan, but I don't remember it. Then again, everything sounded like that at the time. Holds up well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sort of around for Big in Japan, my Dad used to play it from a tape he used to get it off the radio. Though, in truth, I was 8 by the time I appreciated it. It has legs methinks.

    And productive, yes, but I shouldn't post mid-read. I certainly shouldn't try and post definitives that late at night after reading all the stuff I'd read. I still haven't digested it properly and I was going to delete the post as being a bad idea. It's still a bad idea, but people have read it now, so deleting it would be... dishonest?

    This is what I mean, I make mistakes. And they're big ones.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome, I have a thicker skin virtually than I do in real life!